Klopp’s Pre-Spurs Press Conference
Jurgen Klopp is set to speak to the press ahead of the Spurs game. The conference starts at 10:30 BST.
If you’re watching at a later time, skip to 4:28.
- Reflecting on Wembley defeat last season, Klopp said he doesn’t judge players based on 20 minutes of their life, and adds he never doubted Lovren.
- Lovren and Ox are still out, as is Lallana who is recovering well and should be back the week after next. Mignolet trained normally having pulled out of Belgium squad due to a finger sprain.
- Asked about the centre-back situation once Lovren is back, he used the number of upcoming games as a perfectly valid argument that this would be a luxury situation, as opposed to having no players at all.
- He rejected Neville’s claim Liverpool should be focusing on the Premier League rather than Champions League. He invited people to show him how that works, wondering if he should play the ‘kids’ in the Champions League, and pointed out the huge difference between sitting in an office talking about football and doing the actual job (of a manager).
- On Fabinho, he compared the situation with that of Ox and Robertson last season, adding that Fabinho needs time to adjust to a completely different system than the one he was used to.