So Liverpool’s unbeaten run came to an end in a keenly contested game between two evenly matched sides at the Etihad. Now Week 22 is upon us and the Reds go to the AMEX Stadium, looking to get back to winning ways after back to back losses to Man City and Wolves in the FA Cup. They take on a Brighton who are a tough proposition at home and looking to extend their own unbeaten run to 4 games.
Head to Head
- Saturday’s encounter will represent the 29th competitive meeting between the two clubs, with Liverpool registering 17 wins in comparison to 7 victories for Brighton.
- However, the majority of those matches were played between 1958 and 1991, with only five contests being played since the start of the new Millennium.
- Liverpool have prevailed in each of those games, scoring 16 goals in the process.
- Brighton have scored in each of their 10 league matches on home soil so far this season.
- It is worth noting that only Manchester City have managed more league goals than Liverpool this term.
(Thus a goal fest is to be expected).
Brighton (all competitions): LLDWDW
Liverpool (all competitions): WWWWLL
It is going to be a tough test for the reds; but they should have enough to get back to winning ways at the Amex.